1% FOR THE PLANET
KEEP THE OCEANS BLUE AND THE PLANET GREEN
At Fin & Earth our love for the environment is deeply embedded in our company ethos and we're always looking for ways to be more thoughtful an do our best to help support organisations that help make our world a better place for generations to come.
We're proud to be supporters of 1% for the Planet, donating a minimum 1% of annual sales to support environmental non-profit organisations.
Through our membership with 1% For The Planet, We are proud to be supporting the Coral Guardian, a story of women and men working to preserve coral reefs.
40% of coral reefs have already disappeared due to human activities and global warming, and scientists estimate that if nothing is done in the next 5 years they will have completely disappeared from the Earth’s surface by 2050.
But it is not too late to act now!
Who is the Coral Guardian?
Coral Guardian is a French non-profit international organisation dedicated to the conservation of coral reef ecosystems, raising awareness, scientific research and the development of marine ecosystems for communities that depend on them for subsistence.
Why we need Coral Reefs
- Coral reefs are of the most important and diverse ecosystems on the planet. They are the rainforest of the sea.
- Food Supply - 1 billion people rely on coral reefs for the food they provide
- Economic impact - About half a billion people depend on reefs for food and work
- Natural Protection - Healthy corals protect our coastlines from tsunamis, hurricanes and floods
- Biodiversity - they provide a home for 25% of all marine life even though they take up just 1% of the ocean floor.
- Medical treatments - Right now, plants and animals found in coral reefs are being used to develop treatments for diseases like cancer and Alzheimer's.
Primary causes of Coral Bleaching
- Rising sea level -
ADOPT A CORAL
Adopt a coral or a whole reef for yourself or for a loved one! Our local team will transplant it for you.
With a picture, the name you gave your coral and its GPS location.